Here's a peek at what I have been doing this summer. I should probably mention that some of the photos are from my cell phone as my camera was just not convenient to use with all the chaos!
1. Sophie's Neon Hexagon Quilt- I purchased the fabric for this prior to the storm, planning a remodel for her room. She'll be 10 this year and needs a more "grown up" look. My plan now is to have this finished by the time we move back in. Seeing that it will be several months yet, I think it's doable! This is the Michael Miller Neon fabric. It's not bad to work with, but it is terribly stiff- not soft at all- something that I was not expecting. Sophie was optimistic that we could make it work, so I went with it.
2. Kelly's block for the Redbird Bee- This isn't officially a WIP, but I wanted to share it anyway! This is a paper pieced block and it was really quite easy to put together. I can't wait to see her finished quilt!
3. Water Bottle Holder- I made this Insulated water bottle holder for Sophie this summer as she went off to camp for the first time this year. She wanted to take one of the metal water bottles but was concerned that it doesn't stay very cold. I did a quick search online for patterns, combined a couple that I liked, and added my own touch and some InsulBright. It worked out well for her!
4. This is what I'm currently working on for the STLMQG Ohio Star Block Challenge. I picked up a few of my favorites from current fabric lines and this is what I came up with! I can only show you part of this quilt until the reveal! I have always wanted to learn to do some hand quilting, so I decided to try it with this quilt. This is my first time... it's not perfect, but I'm happy with it as my first attempt!
5. This next quilt top is something that developed out of playing with a charm pack I won and was trying to stretch. I've got a few more rows to add to the bottom yet, but it looks promising as a cut baby quilt. I'm looking forward to figuring out how to quilt all that negative space!
6. A Whole Lot of Pebble Quilting... and a new pattern? This is a quilt that I made for a new pattern! I can't show you the front because it's a gift, but I should be finished with the pattern as soon as my pattern testing feedback comes in and I finish any changes that need to be made. I did some major pebble quilting on this one. I went around each circle twice and I really like how it turned out, even if it took a ton of thread!
I have two other patterns in progress as well. We were moving forward quickly with them until the storm hit. I hope to start back working on them next week after school starts. They were almost finished, so I hope I can pick up where I left off and get them out soon!
I will leave you with a couple photos of my biggest "Work in Progress."
|My house the next morning after the storm.... doesn't look too bad from the front, but those trees did major damage to the roof.... and then it rained all night.|
I think we have our work cut out for us... don't you?